Since we primarily see emergency and urgent care cases, our schedule can be very unpredictable.We make every effort to take care of our clients quickly, but sometimes a wait is unavoidable. Here are a few things to expect that may make your visit a little easier:
- When you arrive you will be greeted and will be asked to sign in.
- A technician will “triage” your pet. This means that they will assess your pet’s vitals, presenting concern, and overall status in order to determine the level of urgency needed.
- More urgent cases will be seen first and may be immediately taken into the treatment area to be evaluated by a veterinarian.
- While your pet is being evaluated you will be asked for the following:
- Complete a patient check-in form with contact information, details about your pet, and your regular vet’s info.
- If your pet is very sick, you will be asked to complete a form indicating whether you would like us to perform life-saving procedures such as CPR if needed.
- You may be asked for a deposit if immediate treatment is needed, such as CPR, sedation, or pain medication.
- Once the doctor has evaluated your pet, he/she will discuss a treatment plan with you and provide an estimate. This will be the time to discuss any questions or concerns that you might have. We make every effort to provide workable options for the care of your pet.
- Once your pet leaves the hospital, we will contact your regular veterinarian with records and any follow-up recommendations that are needed.
Our goal at PETS Hospital is be an extension of your regular veterinarian and we partner to make sure that your pet receives the best possible care.
We are constantly striving to improve our services. I hope that you will let us know if we ever fail to meet your expectations or if you have any comments or suggestions.